However, even if the database is publicly accessible (which is probably not a good idea), the use of a connectivity agent is still required.
Connecting to database is supported only through Agent in ICS. To connect to either on-premise Database or database on cloud (DBCS), user should install agent on the local box.(For eg. DBCS instance).
Source: Doc ID 2360127.1
If you do not configure an agent, you may see one of these error messages:
The connection test failed. Check your connection and use agent from agent group.
Unable to test connection “DBCSSVIL2”. [Cause: CLOUD-0005] CLOUD-0005: Unable to establish connection. Please check connection parameters
IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
- Blog posts
- Integration Cloud Service (ICS) On-Premise Agent Installation
- Teaching how to use the Integration Cloud Service Connectivity Agent
- Preparing & installing the ICS on-premises Connectivity Agent
- Using the ICS Connectivity Agent with an On-Premises Database
- ICS (Integration Cloud Service) On-Premises agent installation
- Start, Stop & Deinstall ICS agent server