The following is detailed feature and pricing information for Oracle Identity Cloud Service.
IDCS (Oracle Identity Cloud Service) provides identity management, single sign-on (SSO), and identity governance for applications on-premise, in the cloud, or for mobile devices. Employees and business partners can access applications at any time, from anywhere, and on any device in a secure manner. Oracle Identity Cloud Service integrates directly with existing directories and identity management systems, and makes it easy for users to get access to applications.
User Types and Definitions
Any of the following:
- An employee
- A contractor
- An outsourcer
Consumer / Non-Enterprise
A user who is authorized by you to use the Cloud Service but does not qualify as an Enterprise User.
The following defines the who/when/how an active user is considered active during any given 1-hour period.
A user of any type
A unique user interacts with the service through a specific channel:
- mobile app
This is regardless of whether or not the individual is actively using the service at any given time.
Users are tracked through the use of:
- audit logs
- user id
- device id
- IP address
- session id
Access across multiple channels will be counted as multiple active users on an hourly basis. An active user is tracked for each instance of the cloud service. For the purpose of IDCS, the interaction with the service consists of, but is not limited to specific actions or events performed within the service (authentication, SSO, user provisioning, step-up authentication, password management, etc.).
- Not available for sale
- Automatically provisioned by Oracle when a customer subscribes to an Oracle PaaS service
- Only provisioned when the PaaS service uses IDCS for its IdM functionality
- Provides basic IdM functionality including user management, group management, and basic reporting. It also provides Oracle-certified templates to provision accounts and to perform federated SSO across Oracle PaaS/SaaS apps
- Includes all Foundation Edition features
- Integrates directly with existing directories and identity management systems
- Limited to Oracle Cloud Services only
- Oracle PaaS/Saas
- Custom apps hosted on Oracle Cloud Paas/Iaas
- Limited to Enterprise users
- Unavailable for non-employee users
- Includes all Basic Edition features
- Provides advanced functionalities to integrate with apps hosted on third-party cloud service providers and on-premises
- Allows all user types
Password Management (Change and Reset)
User Profile Management
User Provisioning & Synchronization
|Identity Synchronization using Identity Bridge and OIM Connector|
Oracle Cloud apps
3rd party SaaS apps
|External Identity Provider Federation|
Single Sign-On (SSO)
Oracle SaaS/PaaS apps
3rd party SaaS apps
Apps hosted on-premises
Group-based App Assignment
Oracle Identity Manager Connector for Oracle Identity Cloud Service
Audit and Reporting
|Supported Platforms||Oracle Cloud Services|
|Custom apps/services built or hosted on Oracle Cloud|
|3rd party Cloud Services|
|Application Development SDKs|
Only available in Standard Edition.
|Consumer / Non-Enterprise||3|
- All Editions have a 99.95% uptime SLA
- All Editions are limited to just the number of active users purchased
- Additional SMS messaging used beyond the limit will be billed as additional active users
For more information on pricing, see this link.
Metric: Active user per hour (see definition above)
Pay As You Go
Metric: Hosted Named User / Month