Enhancements to the Oracle Cloud Platform are released on a continual basis. This is the March 2018 monthly summary about new and enhanced Infrastructure as a Service functionality.
- Backup Types: The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Block Volume service now gives you a choice between two types of backup for data on a block volume: incremental or full.
- Policy-Based Backups: You can now schedule automatic volume backups and configure a retention period for those backups with a predefined backup policy.
- Read-Only Block Volumes: When attaching a block volume to an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Compute instance, you can now specify read-only access to the volume.
- Paravirtualized Attachments: The Block Volume service introduces paravirtualized attachments as an alternative to iSCSI attachments.
- Custom Boot Volume Sizes: When launching an instance, you can now specify whether to use the selected image’s default boot volume size or a custom boot volume size up to 16 TB.
- Service Limits: You can now view your tenancy’s service limits and corresponding usage information for the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Database service in the Console.
- Virtual Machine DB System Patching: The Database service now supports patching for virtual machine DB Systems.
Development and Management Tools
- CLI: The CLI includes the following updates: support for DNS zone management; VCN reserved public IP addresses; request routing with virtual hostnames and path route sets in the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Load Balancing service; automated and policy-based backups, read-only volume attachments, and incremental backups in the Block Volume service; and filtering by backupId in the ListDbSystems operation in the Database service.
- Java, Python, and Ruby SDKs: Updates to the Java, Python, and Ruby SDKs include support for DNS zone management; VCN reserved public IP addresses; request routing with virtual hostnames and path route sets in the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Load Balancing service; automated and policy-based backups, read-only volume attachments, and incremental backups in the Block Volume service; filtering by backupId in the ListDbSystems operation in the Database service; the File Storage service; and tagging of bucket resources and specifying an availability period when restoring objects in the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Object Storage service.
- Go SDK: Oracle Cloud Infrastructure has added a Go SDK.
- Email Delivery: Oracle Cloud Infrastructure introduces the Email Delivery service as a solution for sending high-volume email.
- AT&T NetBond Private Peering with FastConnect: Oracle Cloud Infrastructure FastConnect now offers private peering with AT&T NetBond so that you can connect to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure resources from your on-premises private networks.
- Internet Intelligence: The introduction of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Internet Intelligence provides you with analytics features that you can use to gain insight into the performance of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure regions. Performance and availability assessments can help you with both long-term strategy and operational troubleshooting.
- Remote VCN Peering: The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Networking service now supports peering VCNs across regions.
- Filtering: You can now filter some resources in the Console according to resource state, availability domain, or tags.