Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) brings together an evolution of Oracle’s already proven Cloud Services for SaaS-On-Premises Integration, Process Automation, Visual Application Builder, and Integration Analytics into a single Cloud service. Customers that are designing and using processes always need integration to applications in addition to human task flows; integration flows often need process automation for those human based decisions for exceptions. By combining these capabilities into a single solution, customers can now take advantage of all of the features in a single cloud service in an integrated fashion. In addition, Oracle has also added a low code application builder that can complement both integration flows and process flows to meet any digital business challenge. Now it’s easy to plug in mobile, tablet and web channels from a single UX framework to your integration and process flows.
As I have done with Oracle Process Cloud Service, Oracle Visual Builder Cloud Service, Oracle Sites Cloud Service, Oracle Content and Experience Cloud Service and RIDC, this post will serve as a roundup post linking other blogs, articles, white papers, etc.
If you know of an OIC resource that I am not linking to, feel free to contact me, and I will list it here.
- Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) - the cloud platform for Integration and Automation
- Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) - the Grand Tour
- Integration Insight in Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC)
- Product tour
- PaaS - How to setup an Oracle Integration Cloud instance
- Oracle Cloud documentation
- Oracle Integration Cloud - features and pricing
- Service description
- Adding WAIT functionality to an ICS/OIC orchestration
- Oracle ICS/OIC Prebuilt integrations
- Exposing OIC APIs via API Platform Cloud Service